Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

Welcome To My Kitchen!

Hello and welcome!

I've only just started this blog, having rediscovered my love for baking and cooking.  I've also found a new passion for gardening.  Our garden is lovely, large and highly productive!
Since this photo was taken three weeks ago, everything seems to have exploded!  All the beds are full of veg and we're eating our way through them.

There's been an abundance of fresh fruit and veg filling our kitchen over the past few months and I hate to see it go to waste, so I have been spending a lot of time in the kitchen trying to use it up.  I thought some people may enjoy seeing a range of recipes that are tried, tested, true and tasty.  I'll be the first to admit, I'm no foodie, but I do love food.

Finally, there's the never-ending quest to get fit.  I'll admit, sometimes I'm crap at it and I make things that are not the healthiest, but all things in moderation, right?  Where applicable or useful, I'll put Weight Watchers ProPoints values up with some recipes. 

So... I'd love it if you could stay a while and give some of my bits and bobs a read!




4 comments:

  1. Yay! I love your garden! At our old house in Hfx we put in a veg garden and tried for a couple of years to make a go of it. We realised we were both crap gardeners :) Now my garden is on my terrace and I do much better with things in pots. Much less weeding! Although I envy the amount of space you have and I bet the weather there is MUCH more conducive to growing yummy things! I can't wait to see your recipes and goodies from your garden!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so excited that you're my first comment! I'll post a picture of the garden tomorrow and you can see the ridiculous change in the past few weeks - Phill doesn't eat tomatoes, so there will be a lot of tomato preserving recipes for the next little while (I got a bit over-excited and planted 12 tomato plants.)
      I'm not the best gardener, but I'm learning. Weeding is a killer, but great exercise (at least that's what I keep telling myself.) :)

      Delete
  2. Great blog! You're in my reader! I'll put you in my sidebar when I get around to mucking with the template on my new site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you x 3! :) I'm having fun playing with my templates. :)

      Delete