Search This Blog

Friday, January 20, 2012

Le Jardin

Cucumbers
Garden from upstairs - much fuller than last time.

From left to right - bed 1 - watermelon; bed 2 - tomatoes, spring onion, celery and parsley; bed 3 - potatoes, tomatoes, lettuce; bed 4 - perpetual spinach, oregano, thyme, basil, chilli oregano; bed 5 - cucumber & scarlet runner beans

My tomatoes

Green oak lettuce

Chives

Perpetual spinach
Capsicum

Basil

Scarlet runner beans
Any recipe suggestions will be happily and gratefully received, trialled and blogged!


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! Very ambitious, you :) I covet your basil. I can't get it to do much here as it's too wet. It's about the only herb I don't grow and it's probably my favourite... that or coriander. Mmmm, salsa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some would say ambitious - I say mad! Today I am feeling overwhelmed with veggies. I've got the veggie shakes. I've picked 4 steel bowls full of beans, all my window sills are covered with tomatoes and I'm desperate to actually make pesto, but I haven't any jars! What the hell were we thinking?!

      I do love the basil also - it smells lovely. Does it not grow in a pot in your windowsill? We had coriander for about a week, then it exploded in growth and went to seed. Hoping it'll come up this year, since the seeds scattered everywhere. :)

      Delete